What Data Clarity Does For Business:
Data clarity is much more than being able to interpret numbers, data clarity means unlocking insights into how your business is operating and how to make changes to optimize your business. We have unlocked the potential of business analytics using many tools for many clients, but in particular, one story stands out - this is that story.
Background & The Challenge Presented:
Our client is a market leader in building materials - providing a wide range of products and services in the residential, industrial, and commercial space. The client was using static, printed out reports to draw insights into their business. This meant every time a report was produced, that report was using data that was not accurate by the time it was delivered to leadership.
Historically, the company utilized an old tool to generate and broadcast static reports to target users. Distributing static reports across the business made the entire process time-consuming, dated and insecure. The target users would then print out the report for employees who would conduct field site visits, where they struggled with searching for specific information in a large stack of spreadsheets. An absence of a reliable and company-wide business intelligence tool forced the organization to rely on assumptions, non-strategic reports and outdated data when making critical business decisions.
The client decided to conduct a robust “BI Strategy Evaluation” of their entire IT ecosystem in order to streamline the reporting process and understand business needs.
Business Intelligence Strategy Evaluation:
Executive Members required:
- See KPIs over time to stay informed and on top of the business
- Engage with enough context to track underperforming KPIs
- Access to real-time data, anytime and anywhere
- Extend productive collaboration in reporting
Business Intelligence Analysts needed to:
- Work with reliable datasets for all data questions
- Foster consistent, reusable analytics content and templates
- Boost performance of reports and perform data analysis in a user-friendly tool
- Eradicate labor expensive tasks such as generating reports daily for uses
Following the evaluation, the client identified a few goals that needed to be addressed:
- Roll out a reliable, user-friendly, mobile and desktop business intelligence platform to provide timely updates and easy access to accurate key business metrics
- Deliver user-centric stories to meet different functional requirements across the business subsidiaries within a stringent timeline
- Achieve performance boost by implementing BW system migration and productivity boost by rolling out Analysis for Office platform for ad-hoc reports
Solutions Implemented, Goals Achieved:
Introducing SAP Analytics Cloud.
By moving from Bex WAD to SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), executive stakeholders can now access their reports (built using real-time data) anytime and anywhere on mobile devices. In order to reconstruct 120+ WAD reports in SAC, reusable story templates with vivid navigational dashboards, reusable SAC templates were utilized. Features inside SAC like Explore Views, Link Analysis enable drill downs where our client could identify new insights. Proactively. The transformation from IT-led ‘push’ broadcasts to user-centric, on-demand ‘pull’ consumption has a world of difference for their entire business. Collaboration tools in SAC are essential to enriching the success of this process change.
Analysis for Office
SAC also features an Analysis plugin for Microsoft Office. Which is designed for users to connect seamlessly to the SAP backend in order to combine multidimensional analysis with the capabilities and flexibility of Microsoft Excel. Through established SAC connections to both BW info-provider and query level, end users can create their ad-hoc reports. The simplicity of using Analysis for Office requires less help and maintenance from the IT department and allows them to allocate more resources elsewhere.
The Company's Future:
This solution helped revolutionize how our client uses their data. Their next step is to improve operational efficiency by implementing geospatial analysis in metric reporting as they believe the impact of leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud can continuously consolidate their market leader position and stimulate countless successes.
Are you interested in improving your company's relationship to your data? Click the link below and schedule a meeting with our SAP Analytics Cloud Team where we'll whiteboard a solution that fits your unique business requirements.